Season open with upper lightning. Last year, the first flashes caught on 21/22.5. night, this time a few days earlier.
For the first two, the location was found in the light metering data of the Finnish Meteorological Institute, for the third, a timestamp was found from my own Blitzortung unit. The fourth image shows the location and positioning of the camera plotted on a map. The upper flashes are those vertical flashes in the lower left corner of the images near the horizon.
- timestamp received from the camera 02.26.13,657
- Blitzortung observation: 23.26.13,579, 57,023 N, 28,690 E
- Location of the FMI: 23.26.13, 57.017 N, 28.792 E.
- camera timestamp: 02.37.29,748
- Blitzortung timestamp (no positioning): 02.37.28,6728
- Location of the FMI: 23.37.29, 56.808 N, 28.737 E.
- camera timestamp: 02.51.25,482
- Blitzortung timestamp (no positioning): 02.51.25,444