Contact information

Skywarden,
Ursa Astronomical Association
Kopernikuksentie 1
00130 Helsinki
taivaanvahti(at)ursa.fi

Ursa Astronomical Association

0 observations and 0 comments in queue.

Only observations that have a description and at least one image attached.

Several halo forms

25.4.2022 at 16.24 - Kangasala (II)
Jukka Oravasaari

After dead days, the basic set again.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 9 pcs

Rare halos

16.4.2022 at 08.47 - 13.43 - Kajaani (IV)
Juho Pöllänen, Ursa (Pohjois-Suomi)

Pretty set of long lasting halos from the morning. The horizon ring and both 120 saurs were clearly visible for a long time. Also observed in the morning was a pale zykki that did not grab the cell phone camera. Figure 5 counter-sun? There may be other brightness, so I left unchecked.

Images: 7 pcs • Comments: 4 pcs

Several halo forms

20.4.2022 at 06.25 - 16.05 - Turku (II)
Paula Mattila

For most of the day it was widely cloudy in the sky but I only managed to see the halos in the morning, plus a dim short section of the arc after 4pm.

Images: 3 pcs • Comments: 4 pcs

Rare halos

30.4.2022 at 11.25 - Jyväskylä (IV)
Heikki Mahlamäki

Heavy clouds scattered. I wonder if the 120-degree small side suns are visible.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 4 pcs

Rare halos

3.4.2022 at 15.50 - 17.30 - Juva (IV)
Petri Martikainen, Ursa (Itä-Suomi)

April's first rounds. In the sky, in addition to the basic fish, the 46r also stood out to the naked eye, but rarer forms were only found in the stacks. Below the horizon ring are strong brightness at 46r. I mark them now as 46 side-by-side, although a sub-Tape could also be considered. Maybe I’ll get back to them sometime later at a better time. I wondered when Parry’s shape didn’t match the simulation ... the camera clock was in winter time, of course. Figure 1. Stack of 60 images from 5:04 pm to 5:18 pm, Sun elevation 19.4 degrees (3xusm). Figure 2. Same as previous (2xusm, bg). Figure ...

Images: 7 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

One halo form

16.4.2022 at 07.33 - 11.20 - Kuusamo, Rukatunturi (I)
Jani Päiväniemi, Ursa (Pohjois-Suomi)

Easter hall as seen from the fell. Edit. Before noon, the side sun, the horizon ring, and the top side were visible.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

One halo form

16.4.2022 at 12.40 - Hankasalmi, Murtoinen (I)
Harri Kiiskinen, Jyväskylän Sirius

Haloh April is halfway through. In the second picture, the results of the automatic halo detection of the Sirius Fractured Observatory halo camera from the first half of the month. Recognition is by no means complete, but the days when there have been more halos stand out. So far, the highest number of halos has been observed on April 7, 2022. The third image shows a keogram on the seventh day of April, showing the brightness caused by the 22-degree ring above the cover shadow at 7-12 a.m. (UTC). Even today, it has longed for comfort for several hours. Edit 4/18/2022 Added pictures 3 and 4 (ex...

Images: 5 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

Halo phenomena covering the sky

30.4.2022 at 15.04 - Kangasala (IV)
Jukka Oravasaari

Well, those halos weren't on the morning show yet. I was changing tires for another car, when in the sky the attention was drawn by a fairly distinct horizon tire. No more fast tool changes and phenomena recovered.

Images: 6 pcs • Comments: 3 pcs

Several halo forms

3.4.2022 at 06.50 - 17.30 - Turku (II)
Paula Mattila

The halos since sunrise or a little before because 22 ys appeared brighter above the sun a little earlier but the halos faded by 9 o'clock.

Images: 4 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Halo phenomena covering the sky

3.4.2022 at 14.00 - 14.35 - Laukaa (IV)
Aija Heikkilä, Ursa (Etelä-Suomi)

You also had to observe the sky during the birding trip. As the clouds increased, a thin 22 ° ring appeared. For a long time, it seemed that a larger screen would not be allowed. As I shot the swans of my time, I noticed the halo brightening up a bit. At the same time came 22 ° upstream and side suns. At this stage, the sky had to be examined in more detail, and a piece of the 46 ° ring and the entire horizon ring also stood out. More glory would have been desired for the halos, but this was a good start for halo in April.

Images: 4 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Several halo forms

3.4.2022 at 14.10 - Akaa (II)
Markku Ruonala

A lazy observer contented himself with filming the halos of the day from the home balcony.

Comments: 2 pcs

Rare halos

3.4.2022 at 15.00 - Vaasa (IV)
Timo Alanko, Vaasan Andromeda

A little salute everywhere. Could the jury look for the slings in place? 23 and 24 are a bit searchable, at least in the video, and are there 9-degree parelias on offer?

Images: 5 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Rare halos

3.4.2022 at 15.00 - 16.00 - Mäntyharju (IV)
Markku Siljama, Ursa (Etelä-Suomi)

Haloh April started.

Images: 3 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Several halo forms

4.4.2022 at 07.15 - 07.45 - Pello (II)
Teemu Rautio

It was exciting, when in the morning I had pretty polite eyes, when it seemed that two suns were rising from the horizon.

Comments: 2 pcs

Several halo forms

10.4.2022 at 14.09 - 15.40 - Turku (II)
Paula Mattila

After two, I noticed that there is a nice wide cloud fiber visible in the sky between the various cumulus clouds, and even the halos, 22r + ys, from 15.15, only 22r was visible.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

One halo form

10.4.2022 at 16.00 - 16.05 - Turku (I)
Mikko Peussa, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

At times a pretty 22 ° ring. Let’s see if there’s anything else to come today.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

One halo form

18.4.2022 at 07.30 - 09.25 - Tuusula (I)
Kari Hassinen, Keski-Uudenmaan Altair

The morning of the second day of Easter began nicely, when an hour and a half after the sun rose I noticed that a 22-degree ring was beginning to form in the sky among the clouds. Between my observation site and the halo was a line of condensation left by an airplane that gradually spread into the image area.

Images: 2 pcs • Comments: 2 pcs

Several halo forms

7.4.2022 at 09.00 - Riihimäki (II)
Vesa Toropainen

For my part, the opening of halo in the morning basic forms. 46r and zyk quite pale. Edit: is there a ring inside that last picture 22r, or just a lie in the picture?

Images: 3 pcs • Comments: 1 pcs

Several halo forms

7.4.2022 at 09.00 - 11.30 - Lieto (II)
Markku Sirén, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

As I queued up for a coffee machine, I peeked out and grabbed pictures of the basic halos.

Images: 4 pcs • Comments: 1 pcs

Several halo forms

10.4.2022 at 14.20 - 15.30 - Turku (II)
Markku Sirén, Ursa (Länsi-Suomi)

The whole morning and afternoon was spent in Ruissalo with a whitefish problem. Sometimes the sun was shining, sometimes it was snowing. After two, however, a 22 ° ring and a top sidewall began to appear.

Images: 3 pcs • Comments: 1 pcs

Search result contains observations from time period 1.4. 2022 klo 00.01 - 30.4.2022 klo 23.55.